Our Vision for World Mission at St Andrew's
Our vision is clear: we want to see Jesus Christ worshipped as Lord and Saviour by all peoples everywhere.
To that end we want St Andrews to be a local church where:
- obedience to the great commission is our joy and passion.
- missions guides the planning, hiring, budgeting and celebrating of leaders in each ministry area (where missions is bringing the gospel to peoples where it is not present).
- our commitment to the world is evident in every Sunday service.
- every ministry prays for specific missions activities and every individual prays for God’s missionary work in the world.
- every church member is actively helped to study and understand God’s heart for the nations.
- the majority of the congregation have an active role in missions.
- through prayer we seek God’s provision for the resources needed to pursue strategic missional opportunities.
- we intentionally equip (train and resource) for local cross-cultural mission.
- we encourage short-term missions trips and, as a result, more mission candidates and involvement emerges.
- we actively challenge our congregations to a missions career.
Our ‘dreams’ for the next 5 years are:
- Each growth group links, and partners effectively, with an ‘Away Team’ member.
- Short term mission trips become a ‘routine’ part of church life, with opportunity for our young (and older) people to go on a short-term missions trip - perhaps as a group.
- Five individuals or families are send into cross-cultural missions.
- At least 10% of our church budget is given to cross-cultural missions.
- We host a dedicated missions course for all those involved in leadership within our church.
For more helpful information click on the articles below:
SEND (World Mission) at St Andrew's Leyland
Our Away team.
What we believe about missions.
Helpful Information & Links.